Sunday, October 12, 2014

C4T #2

C4T#2
The teacher I was assigned was Larry Ferlazzo who is a high school teacher at a school in Sacramento, CA. The first post I commented on focused on how guidance counselors are important to a student's academic success and how they are slowly being taken out of the education system. Also, Ferlazzo states that counselors help students with behavioral and emotional problems, and counselors and teachers should work together to better help all students.

I commented that I agreed and that my counselor helped me with academic problems and other issues I had at my school. I told how my counselor helped me when I had an issue with a teacher. My counselor setup a parent-teacher conference and allowed me to talk to her about why the teacher had upset me.I went on to say that guidance counselors are very important for a student's academic success and for other aspects of the student's life.

The second post by Ferlazzo that I commented on focused on an experiment where it was shown that monetary rewards do not motivate many students to do better. Ferlazzo posted two articles, one being Schools Told Cash Bribes Fail to Improve GCSE Grades.

I commented that I was not surprised by this finding because of my own experience at my high school. I stated that the students from my school were never motivated by rewards, however, teachers that worked with students and provided interesting lessons were responsible for motivating students to do better.


Source:www.yellowbrickroad.com

No comments:

Post a Comment