Friday, September 26, 2014

C4K Summary for September

Outline
1. The post and comment of C4K #1 post.
2. The post and comment of C4K #2 post.
3. The post and comment of C4K #3 post.

My first comment was left on a student's post who was in New Zealand and attended the Pt. England school. He posted about the Revolution Tour that visited his school. He stated that it was an anti-bullying group who performed for them. I had never heard of this group, so I looked a video up on youtube.
Source: Youtube


After watching the above video, I commented back that I enjoyed the group's performance and was glad that their school allowed groups like that to perform. I also stated that I liked the singing and dancing most. I preceded to ask what he enjoyed most about the performance.

My second post was to a student in Mrs. Timm's class. The student's assignment was to create an invention, and she came up with a banapple. She described the fruit as red like an apple but shaped like a banana. The fruit also tastes sweet and feels smooth. I commented that I thought her invention would probably taste very good and stated that some of my favorite fruit drinks are a blend of apples and bananas. I also went on to ask her where her fruit would grow in the world.
My third post was to a student in Mrs. Greer's class. He wrote a story about a girl who found a pet crocodile on her walk. The student did make grammar errors, and the teacher had posted for him to go and correct the mistakes. I experimented a little and tried to show the correct way to do it in my post. For example, he used a sentence that started with when that he put a period after the phrase instead of a comma. So, I used the same type of sentence in my post to try and show how to correctly do it. I didn't point it out or say this is how it is done. I simply wrote a sentence that started with when that also talked about his story. I'm not sure if this will result in anything or not, but I thought it would be interesting to see if seeing it done in a comment would leave an impression. I went on to talk about crocodiles and how I used to love huge reptiles like that. Also, I asked what he thought about crocodiles.


I really enjoyed reading the children's posts and commenting on them. I'm constantly thinking about how I could use this in my future class by having students post on other blogs to let them communicate with people hundreds of miles away. To be honest, at first I thought this assignment would be just another chore to do; however, I find myself really enjoying the children's posts and putting more effort into my comments than I thought I would.

No comments:

Post a Comment